Social media platforms may have started out as a great way to stay in touch with friends, but with internet use increasing at a rapid pace social media has become an important marketing tool.
Newspapers and magazines are now regularly featuring articles on bloggers making huge money off the back of social media platforms like Snapchat and Instagram, leaving many everyday social media users reeling and wondering how?
How are people gaining huge amounts of followers and making money just from posting a photo?
Well it’s not just as simple as posting because each of us use some form of social media everyday but we’re not all earning from it. These social media celebrities are using strategic marketing techniques to pull in their audience and advertisers.
This is something that all businesses and starts ups can use to their advantage by implementing small changes to how they interact with their social media audience.
Here are some tips for how to get started –
- Have a target audience. Cast your net to wide and you won’t catch anything. Have a niche and stick to it.
- If you’re using Facebook, invest in ads. It will dramatically improve your post views.
- Involve your audience. Try and ask questions along with you post such as “What do you think”
- Include images. Even if it’s just a small tweet or status, an image draws the eye in more than words.
- Know when to hashtag. Use hashtags on Instagram and Twitter. Avoid using them on Facebook.
- Keep it constant. Schedule your social media posts so that they are constantly visible throughout the day.
- Be engaging. Snapchat has become so popular because it’s personable, use this to your advantage.
- Have a theme. Have a design theme across all your social media platforms and stick to it.
- Commit to what works. If one social media platform is working better for you than another make it your main focus.